Sunday, March 12, 2006

I'm still young, right?

Another late night last night. Out until 2 again. I don't know that I can continually do this sort of thing, but let me tell you, the show was worth it. Speaker Speaker totally rocked the house last night -- the crowd was pumped and screaming for them. They played one of the tightest and most energetic sets I've heard from them, and all of the material is really clicking. They had better get into the studio and get the full-length done, because people are stoked and that record could really blow up. In addition to playing a great set, they also won The Stranger's Big Shot competition which entails some recording time, 1000 CD duplication, an on-air set at The End, $2000 in cash and any number of other things that might be helpful to a band on the verge of a big break. Hurry up and get this Mid-West tour out of the way -- after this, the music labels could be after you in a pretty big way. Congratulations guys! You've come a long way from your first show at The Mars Bar. Danny, you're my hero and I love you. In a... umm... extremely manly, hetero sort of way, of course. Harrumph.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard the Bright Eyes song called "First Day of My Life"? I'm not a huge bright eyes fan for the most part, but that song is fucking great.

Thanks for the kind words, buddy. I love you too.

Danny

3:39 PM  
Blogger ix said...

I just watched the video available on ifilm. It is a fucking great song, and also a pretty awesome video. Thanks for everything Danny.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home