Sunday, March 05, 2006

Flashbulb Afterimage

We go way back. Even if we weren’t intimately acquainted from the beginning, our common experiences made the connection that much deeper when the opportunity arose. Once it did, it was electric. Brilliant, sexy, opinionated; tender and emotive; an edge like tempered steel. She captivated me from the very beginning.

And when it was over, I was cruel; lost in a fog of fear and uncertainty. I tried running aimlessly away, but always found myself drawn back. Forever chasing the possibilities we had glimpsed, but never getting close enough -- like trying to catch a dragonfly with my bare hands.

2 Comments:

Blogger riain grey said...

this is a beautiful, touching piece that actually deals with the exact things i try to show in my own writing. well done!

pedantically, i would recommend one small edit: at the end, i think "with my bare hands" is more evocative then what you have currently.

thanks for sharing!

11:50 AM  
Blogger ix said...

You know, you're right. Consider it done.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home